On March 13, Paige turned 1! Two kids has changed our family dynamic so much and I love the change. Plus, Maci and Paige have been such good buddies from day one, which is how I hope it always is for them.
For those of you who don't know Paige that well, here is what I understand about her:
- She has had a sense of humor from a very early age
- She knows more than she lets on
- She loves, and wants to be just like, Maci
- She has a very extensive vocabulary for how young she is (she'll try to say just about anything and says/understands the meaning of 30+ words (my kids are talkers!--I wonder where they get it)
- She likes to climb
- She loves her daddy
- She loves baths
- She is just a teeny bit shy
- She is a very chill baby...she's content just to hang out with us and observe
- She mimicks words/actions very well
- She is strawberry/blonde and looks a lot like her daddy did as a baby (Jared's mom says)
- She has added a whole lot of laughter to our family
We kept it simple and had a little family get together for her b-day:
The cake
This pic shows her personality really well. She totally knew it was her birthday. She cheesy grinned for every picture!
She loved the gifts, too!
She didn't go crazy with the cake. She was actually pretty careful with it, which was fine with me.
Growing up, I was never the girl that always knew I wanted to be a mom. In fact, even up until a few years ago, I was unsure that I would have kids at all. I knew I would succeed with a career and figured I'd pursue that. I will always be grateful that somewhere along the way, a better plan came into view for me and my life will never be the same. A career may have meant more recognition, money, and time to myself, but I will never regret the blood, sweat, and tears I put into the most important job that exists.
I used to think parenting was hard because I was doing something wrong. Now I think it's hard because I'm doing something right.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAIGE! WE LOVE YOUR SWEET LITTLE SMILE AND YOUR FUNNY PERSONALITY!



8 comments:
I can't believe that she is one already!! How fun to have so much family come and visit. Your girls are so cute!!
She looks just like Maci at that age. When I saw her I thought I was looking at Maci when she was one! They are super cute! We miss you guys!!!!!
She's a cutie! Happy Birthday, Paige!
That was one fast year!! Happy b-day Paige!! Looks like you guys have been pretty busy having fun, but we need to get together soon, not much longer and tax season will be over and we will have our lives back and hopefully get together more often! Cute post.
I am so excited for Paige growing up! It's fun doing birthdays, huh? Happy Birthday...I sure wish we knew her a little better!
Great cake! Happy 1 to Paige. The time goes by so fast. She looks just like her sissy.
She is so cute. I can't believe she is already 1! Maci has gotten so big too. Glad you guys are doing well.
Beautiful girls!! Happy 1 Paige.
Post a Comment