You know I used to swear I'd never be one of those mom's who didn't want their kids to grow up. Then it happened. The night before Maci's birthday, I cried like I was the three year old. Kids grow up, get over it. Hopefully I'm not the only sissy mom out there. In Maci's words, "I need something to wipe my tears".
Here are pics from her dancing party. It was a hit. The kids especially enjoyed watching Maci's grown-up mom dance around like a fool to get the party started. That's right, no shame. I guess I'd do anything for that little girl. In all seriousness, though, next year I'm choosing the theme. And for once I was glad the video camera was broken (again).
The Ballerina Cake
Crowning the Birthday Girl
Funny Faces



12 comments:
How much fun!!! You aren't the only Mom don't you worry. Liam is only 13 months and I have a hard time saying he is 1 year old. Maci looks so cute. Happy Birthday Maci!!!
wow, how exciting for Maci! I bet she had a blast, she looks so cute. SO you have her in ballet classes! That's when I started ballet, it's a good age.
Three already...bigger girl! For me, I can hardly believe Kalea will be 5 in April and off the Kindergarten. Pretty sure there will be tears shed...by me!
Good job Summer! I love the dancing party. That would've been a great video to blog! :) I think about how fast Sydney is growing and I get very sad too... so, I'm sure that when she turns 1, I'll cry. FUN!
Happy Barf-day, Macie! (Luckily she shares it with her cuz, Willie!) I'm going to have to say that I can't wait for my kids to get bigger. I know I'll eat my words sooner or later...probably later.
Awww Happy Birthday to Maci! I can't believe she's 3 already! That's so crazy! So when are you gonna start trying for baby #2? Come on Summer...You know you want to! haha
We all cry at our kids getting older! For me I think a lot of that is that is means I am getting old. haha. Really cute party, and great job on the cake!
:) Nicole
Summer, the cake is so cute, I didn't get to see it, I just devoured it! Our babies are growing up. :(
Happy Belated Birthday Maci!! You guys throw a great party!! Would you like to come and do Alyssa's in May?
I can't believe she's 3 already it seems like just yesterday you called and told me you were pregnant...how crazy time flys by. The party looked like it was a big hit I bet it was insane & that cake looks really good...mmmmm cake =).
Wow, how time flies. It has been fun watching your blog and keeping updated on what has been happening in your family. We have a blog now too http://www.swensfamily.blogspot.comHang in there!
Oh my gosh, if we aren't supposed to cry when our babies have birthdays, I am in trouble! :-) That is so exciting. I love the idea of a dancing party! What a great mom you are!
Post a Comment