Maci and Averie.....................Daddy and Maci
Maci's best puppy pose
(kind-of looks like a bunny)
Halloween was fun this year. Maci, dressed as a puppy, went trick-or-treating with Arial (AKA: Averie) and Sebastian (AKA: Kempton). She wore out fast, but lasted long enough to get all kinds of M&M's. Jared had to put his foot down after the 5th house she chose M&M's and told her to go for the big orange candy bars instead. I just realized after having a kid that Halloween never really was about the kids. It's all about the parents dressing their children up like ridiculous imaginary characters, sending them out in the freezing cold, and waiting to reap the rewards when they arrive home. I'm having flashbacks of my own dad having to "test" my candy to make sure it was safe. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try this kit kat bar to make sure it's good enough for my little girl. (:
Halloween was fun this year. Maci, dressed as a puppy, went trick-or-treating with Arial (AKA: Averie) and Sebastian (AKA: Kempton). She wore out fast, but lasted long enough to get all kinds of M&M's. Jared had to put his foot down after the 5th house she chose M&M's and told her to go for the big orange candy bars instead. I just realized after having a kid that Halloween never really was about the kids. It's all about the parents dressing their children up like ridiculous imaginary characters, sending them out in the freezing cold, and waiting to reap the rewards when they arrive home. I'm having flashbacks of my own dad having to "test" my candy to make sure it was safe. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try this kit kat bar to make sure it's good enough for my little girl. (:
I love Halloween for the following reasons:
1. Kids really think they are what they dress as. Maci just barked at doors instead of saying trick-or-treat.
2. If you don't know how to use a sewing machine and have no desire to learn, you can just buy a costume and walah! you can be something imaginary for one great night.
3. Virtually no planning required. I ask Maci what she wants to be, she tells me, I buy it along with a bag of candy, and done. No stress, no mess, and a whole bag of Maci's candy.
4. Did I mention the free candy? Think how great the other holidays would be if you could just knock on random doors and get free stuff in your bag.



9 comments:
Oh my gosh I love that costume! I couldn't think of something that would better fit Maci. I love that she would bark at the door. SOOOOO CUTE!!!
We took Greta trick or treating and she can't even eat candy yet. But people still dumped truck loads of stuff in our bag. My mom confessed to me tonight that her and my dad used to dig through our candy bags after we had gone to sleep...
I'm glad Maci had fun, too! I had planned to take 'Ekena just up and down our block, but after she figured out that you get candy when you wear Minnie ears...she kept saying "next house, mom, next house!" Needless to say, after two hours in 40 degree weather, she came home, ate a ton of candy, threw up, and hasn't asked for any since. Ha ha...I love peanut butter cups. Good thing she's allergic!
Summer,
What a cute family you have! I found your blog through Tia and would love to keep up. We're at wyomingroots.blogspot.com
She looks so cute!! I love to see what everyone dresses up like for Halloween. Ofcourse it is about the parents wanting candy. I am all about that!!
I love Halloween, too! And for all the same reasons (although, I still like to dress up. Poor Lane, I try to get him to do it too, at least this year he was willing!). Maci looks sooo cute, I love her puppy costume.
You summed it up. Seriously- my parents always seemed to test only the good stuff. I went right ahead and tested all of Ava's chocolate. It hasn't killed me yet so I guess it would have been fine for her to eat....
Looks like you had fun!
Summer, it's Emily. I am so glad you found my blog. How are you guys doing? Your little girl is getting so big, the last time I saw her (and you) she was just a tiny baby. Talk to you soon.
-Em
Cute costume, she looks great! I also wanted to tell you that we just blocked our blog but sent out invitions to our friends to still be able to view it. I didn't want to leave you guys out but I don't have an email address for you. Could you send it to me and I'll get the invitation out to ya.
Thanks,
Becky
rebeccaemro@hotmail.com
Post a Comment